The Sea Watch Foundation (http://www.seawatchfoundation.org.uk/) is seeking an Intern WordPress Website Developer for the 2019 season.
The assistant will be responsible in aiding the Sea Watch Foundation in undertaking work to:
- Update the core WordPress website
- Make improvements to the Sea Watch Foundation WordPress theme
- Add new features to the WordPress Plugin for the Dolphin spotting database
- Implement new Payment Gateways
- Work on a brand-new website for Sea Watch Foundation Members scheme
- WordPress 4/5 Plugin and Theme Development
- Updating and migration of WordPress Websites
- PHP 5.x/7 Development
- Payment Processing systems / PayPal / Direct Debits
- Experience of Membership Schemes
- Understanding of modern development practices
Please send your CV and a cover letter reporting any relevant experience you have and specifying the period(s) you would prefer to volunteer for, as well as contact details of two referees, to Craig Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; this job can be done remotely from your location; start date is flexible.
Please specify INTERN WORDPRESS WEBSITE DEVELOPER APPLICATION into your subject title.
The Sea Watch Foundation
The Sea Watch Foundation is a national marine environmental research charity that aims to achieve better conservation of whales and dolphins in the seas around Britain and Ireland, by involving the public in scientific monitoring of populations and the threats they face. It is the longest-running research charity in UK focusing upon cetaceans around the British Isles, and maintains a national sightings database, the largest in Europe. It works closely with all the UK statutory conservation agencies, and has provided advice to the UK government, the UNEP Regional intergovernmental Conservation Agreement – ASCOBANS, and the European Commission, as well as the major conservation charities and marine industries operating in the UK.