1. Climate change means the seas around the UK are getting warmer. Some dolphins and whales might not like warmer sea temperatures because
- it will be too hot to swim in
- the fish and plankton they like to eat will move away to cooler waters
- they are worried about getting sunburn
2. If the seas become even warmer, what might many dolphins and whales we see in the UK do?
- celebrate with a party
- follow the fish and plankton to cooler waters
- spend more time leaping out of the water to cool off
3. We might find that new species start to visit the UK coast and live here because…
- they have heard the UK is a fun place to live
- they want more people to see them
- they will be following the types of fish and other food that like warmer waters
4. As well as become warmer, what else might happen to the sea do due to climate change?
- Become saltier
- Become less salty
- Levels will lower
- Levels will rise
5. What gas is changing the earth’s temperature?
- greenhouse gas
- bluehouse gas
- greenhouse gas
- greenearth gas
- greensea gas
6. Which human activities release huge amounts of this gas into the atmosphere?
- burning coal
- cutting the grass
- burning oil
- burning gas
- cutting down forests (deforestation)
- blowing up gas filled balloons
- scuba diving with gas filled air bottles
7. What can we do to stop climate change?
- turn off your computer and other electronic devices when you’re not using them
- turn off the lights when you leave a room
- drive less. Instead, walk, ride your bike, or use public transportation if you can
- use less water
- create less waste
- recycle used paper, cans, bottles, and other materials
- all of the above
Please send all answers with name and address to Kirsten at firstname.lastname@example.org stating WEB ENTRY in the subject line. The first correct entry will win a prize! No time to lose!